Thursday, August 8, 2013

Oxygen and Boxes

Last year, I noticed a pattern in pop music where all the top songs had to do with partying hard until the world ends or abandoning logic and just doing whatever feels good at the moment. Although January 1st, 2013 occurred and killed the world-ending theme, the other theme is still quite prominent. Wrong is becoming okay and bad is becoming the new good.

I sound like someone's grandma, but I cannot ignore the fact that the world is riding in a vehicle that is going in the wrong direction with mass media as the driver.  The popular music industry is getting bolder and bolder in leading people down the wrong path.  Music gets into our head and stays there without us having much control over it.  I've caught myself unconsciously humming or singing along to songs with messages to which I'm entirely opposed. That shows me that we have to be proactive about filling our minds and hearts with good so we don't subconsciously get carried down paths we're not aware of.

My band, Oxygen Box, is a movement for positive music.  There is a lot of great music out there with positive messages and conscious lyrics and we'd love to see the artists that produce that kind of music have a stronger, louder voice in society.  Let's use the power of music to influence positive change in our world.

 Here's an acoustic version of our song, Music for the Rebels.  The official video will be coming this fall!




Oxygen Box- It's not just music. It's a movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment