Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Whistling and Progress

There isn't much time left in August 7th, 2013 and this day will never happen again, so if I want to successfully complete this challenge of writing every day for 31 days, I'd better get moving.

Bobby McFerrin said "don't worry, be happy," interspersed with a lot of whistling, of course. A radio host today said that worrying never makes the future any easier, it just makes right now harder.  Jesus asked if any of us can add a single hour to our lives by worrying. "Don't worry, be happy" seems to be advice far too simple to be realistic, but it's not that far-fetched as long as you have something to replace worry with. The best thing is faith.  

Before developing faith, I didn't have a good enough reason not to worry.  Now I have a reason that is more than good.  In fact, He is the epitome of good.  There's a tense feeling that starts in my stomach, slithers up my spine and consumes my thoughts when I worry. The feeling doesn't make it past my stomach when I remember I have a savior with me that can handle ANYTHING.  This produces a great deal of joy and peace because now I can spend my thinking time on productive things that will have a positive result rather than being afraid of a future reality that probably won't even happen.

Christ gave me these new songs to sing and the power to sing them: "Don't worry, be productive",  "Don't worry, be  proactive",   "Don't worry, be faithful".






No comments:

Post a Comment